Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Walking with binoculars.

In time, will I be saying, everything's alright?
In time, will it be OK for the life I have lived?

In time, will I look back in anger?
In time, will I still find that fire, that hunger?

In time, will I be found faithful?
In time, will my mind still see Jesus, and my heart, heaven?

In time, will I still be a child whom my mother is proud of?
In time, will I be a father whom the mother of my children take pride in?

In time, will I have nothing to say to my father?
In time, will I be found homeless under a bridge?

In time, will I still have the love to cook?
In time, will there be people I love left to cook for?

In time, will I find a love that'll never die?
In time, will my wrinkling hands be held by a lover of my youth?

In time, will there be little ones right by my side?
In time, will the little ones push me aside?

In time, will I still laugh at life with friends at a café?
In time, will I still find friends who will meet over coffee?

In time, when everything is taken away, will I still claim You as my father?
In time, God, will you say, child, it's OK, come hang with me for eternity?

In time, I wonder.
Oh, I wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment